Sunday, March 1, 2015

Module 5 ( Art Gallery Visit)

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why?
1. Frank Stella, Lac Largonge III, 1969. Acrylic on Canvas. 
The use of such bold colors and unique shapes made just seems to draw my attention to this painting right away. 
2. Frantisek Kupka, Traits, Plans, Profondeur,  1920-1922. Oil on Canvas. 
This painting was one of my favorites at the gallery. I really loved all the different blues and hints of purple and purple. 
B). Which artwork do I feel a connection with? Why?
1. Joan Mitchell, George Went Swimming at Barnes Hole, but it Got Too Cold, 1957. Oil on Canvas. 
I connected with this painting because I liked that  it was so unorganized but it still seemed to have a flow through it too. 
2. Lucas Samaras, Room No.2, 1966. Mirror on Wood.
I thought this was very different, and awesome. There is just so many different places to look and it was impossible for me to take in the thing as whole which was different too. 
C.) Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?
1. Robert Rauschenberg, Ace, 1962. Oil, Cardboard, Wood, and Metal on Canvas. 
I would like to know what brought Rauchenberg use so many different materials. 
2. Jean Metzinger, Dancer in a Cafe, 1912.
 I just found this to be very cool and would love to know more about it. I found something new every time I looked at it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog, and I really liked Frantisek Kupka, Traits, Plans, Profondeur, 1920-1922. Oil on Canvas, and Jean Metzinger, Dancer in a Cafe, 1912. There were so many great paintings at the museum I must have missed these two. These are all wonderful paintings, I didn't get the chance to see the mirror room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete