Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Module 15 (Art Gallery)


I did not go to an art gallery, but I did find some self-portraits that I was interested in.
Artemisia Gentileschi
Self Portrait as the Allegory of
Painting (1638-39)
Victor Brauner
Self-Portrait with a Plucked
Eye (1931)
Buff Holtman
Self Portrait
(2008)





1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?
I chose these three pieces, because they weren't normal self-portraits. They all have things that make them really different and interested to them, and I really liked that.
2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
Honestly, I really didn't have a chose but to use pencil because I had already packed away all my other art supplies. However, I think that if I did have another choice than I could probably use charcoal and pastels. 
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
I am not very good at drawing faces, so I just tired my best to get it to look good. 4. How does this piece represent you?
It represents me because in the portrait I am smiling, and I am generally happy person. Also I didn't shade anything to dark and I think that also fits into being happy. 5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?
I used lines, shading, and proportions. 6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I did enjoy working on this project. Although I did get annoyed when trying to draw my face. 7. What do you think of your final artwork?
I think that it  came out okay considering I don't really draw that often. 




No comments:

Post a Comment