Monday, April 20, 2015

Art Gallery Visit


When I went to the Penney Art Center the exhibit that stood out the most to me was Philip Burke's. His theme was based of Milan Kundera's novel The Unbearable Lightness of Being, and it was called "The Likeness of Being." 
There was a very crisp clean feeling to the gallery as I walked around it, but it also had that sens of homey aspect to it as well. The layout of the gallery perfectly allowed the artwork to standout not overshadow others. 
My top 3 favorite piece in the exhibit were Joey Ramone, George W. Bush, and Neil Young. There was something different in each portrait that stood out me the most. The bold red background in the George W. Bush piece really draws a person's attention to it especially with the contrasting bright colors used in the face. I was really intrigued by the light to dark scaled colors used in the Neil Young portrait to create the face along with the weird angle it was drawn. Lastly, I liked that there wasn't a great use of bright bold color used in the Joey Ramone portrait but it still seemed to stand out all the same with the small amount that was used.

The most interesting part of the art gallery visit was actually taking the time to look at the gallery itself rather than just the art pieces. I don't think many people realize just how important the layout of the art gallery is to out they experience an exhibit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment