Monday, April 20, 2015

Module 11

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above. I chose the videos "Mystic North" and "Expressionism" as my two video choices. I decided to choose these because I didn't really know much about either of these areas and wanted to explore them further. 
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned. Both videos shared very similar key concepts. The artists that they mentioned were breaking away from the old ways of art. They were changing the lighting in which was used in their paintings to create different effects, and adding more impressionism than the earlier masters. In the second video artist also were taking more time to create emotion with the use of colors and other techniques. 
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text? The video helped me gain more understanding of the artist during these times. They also helped me understand the motivation and meaning behind their painting more than the reading did. 
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts? I enjoyed both films very much. They were both very interesting to watch and I enjoyed learning about all the different artists and their artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment