Monday, April 20, 2015

Module 12

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I picked the first video because I have interest in Andy Warhol and for the second video I just chose it at random I really had no specific reason. 
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
While watching the Andy Warhol: Images of an Image I learned a lot more about his work. For example, he took newspaper clips and enlarged them with a projector, used stencils and acrylic paints. Another thing that I learned from watching this video is that in order to send a photo through a silk screen the original image must first be enlarged several times. While watching the second video Uncertainty: Modernity and Art i also learned a couple of interesting facts. One including modern art responds to modern life and 1930s Nazism uncertainty seen as a sickness. 
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The reading and the videos had had a lot in common. Art has gone through a lot of different stages and has there has been a lot of different types of art. 
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I did enjoy watching both videos. I thought that they complimented the reading well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment